New baby support for the first 0 to 9 months
✔ Postpartum doula (if you had one)
✔ Family came to help
✔ Family left
☐ Now what?! Now, Eliza!
You’re a wonderful parent! But it’s not necessarily all intuitive under pressures from society, family/friends, well-meaning advice, a medical scene that’s often frightening, and misleading marketing.
Parenting is a journey—and I’m a tour guide!
The first year is immensely important. There are crucial things to know that surpass traditional advice and that will influence the rest of your life! In the first year together, you’ll build foundations for:
- Back and joint health
- School-learning skills
- Brain connections
- Sensory integration
- Emotional health
- Relational skills
- Self confidence
- Body ‘smarts’, gut feelings, and safety
What will we do?
Learn indispensable tips to:
- Make the most of the “4th Trimester”
- Reduce overstimulation and startle
- Support natural, “I can do it myself” milestone development (very different from traditional parenting practice, yet vital for optimal health)
- Begin tummy time with ease
- Read Baby’s non-verbal cues
- Improve sleep
- Understand and handle Baby’s cries
- What to do when Baby’s awake
- Increase bonding (tips for Dad too!)
- Adjust to parenthood
- Set up your home for easy response to Baby’s—and your—needs
- Evaluate product options (equipment, diapers, clothing)
- Your questions!
- Loving baby care while you take a nap, shower, etc (optional)
- Beautiful “daily life” photos (optional)
Why Work With Eliza?
- One-on-one, geared specially for your Baby and you
- Convenience of asking questions as they naturally arise
- A daily-life pace for baby’s natural cycles
- Time for dialogue: it’s not just about tips, but a way of life and making choices
- My unique perspective transcends typical parenting advice, based on the fact that your baby is a whole person who came into the world already knowing how to communicate, learn, heal stresses, and process life experiences!
How does it work?
I’ll come to your home weekly (amount TBD) throughout the first few months—and beyond as desired. Minimum 3 hours at a time.
Also for families at any point in the first year who want to support natural development.
Sliding scale $25-35/hour (typical doula rate)
My extensive experience as a professional infant nanny showed me that spending time together in conversation and practice slowly, over a period of time offers immense benefit. New questions arise naturally, there are continual new handling/development tips to immerse in, new curiosities about parenting, and I’m a sounding board you can return to after going out into the world with this information.
What difference does it make?
This work is life-changing and healing. See my “Why?” page for more!